[LIBRARYDIR] Fall Plans Anyone?

Howard Fuller hfuller at whatcom.edu
Tue Aug 17 16:44:19 PDT 2021

Hi Dawn,

The plans are….

Are you going to be open regular days and hours? Yes, 8 am – 9 pm, Monday – Thursday; 8- 5 on Friday; and 5-9pm on Sunday.

Will you have any rules about study rooms? As yet to be determined but will probably open them up.

Reserves? Yes, but we changed reserves check out to one week last year and it will remain one week this fall.

Curbside/Pickups?  Yes, by request. We’ve had zero curb-side requests since allowing student and employees into the library.

Masks? Yes, required.

Physical distancing? Yes, still 6 ft.

Will you have any time or space limits in place for patron/staff interaction?  No, nor do we now.

We also require any student or employee on campus to be vaccinated. This info will be held in mini-soft (?) and accessible to the Learning Commons front desk staff where people will have to check in and attest as they enter the building.  And we are planning to be open to only students and employees. As an aside, I believe WWU library has announced it will allow in the public come September.

It sounds like you need a Pure Bliss pick-me-up!

Thanks

Howard