[LIBRARYDIR] Nexis Uni/Lexis Nexis

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Wed Apr 28 12:23:10 PDT 2021

Hello all,

With the support of both our VPI and Business/HR faculty, the LWTech Library is currently in the process of finding a replacement for Nexis Uni after finding out that Lexis Nexis is selling usage data to the federal government in what has been called a massive surveillance program. Part of the data is apparently being used by ICE.

You can learn more here:
https://sparcopen.org/news/2021/addressing-the-alarming-systems-of-surveillance-built-by-library-vendors/

I am interested if anyone else has canceled their subscriptions/severed their relationships with Lexis Nexis (now or previously) and if anyone has ideas for alternatives.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator