[LIBRARYDIR] [EXTERNAL] - Re: Collection Development

Kelly, Amy akelly1 at spscc.edu
Thu Oct 15 10:48:21 PDT 2020

SPSCC is in the same boat. Our budget is going primarily to sustaining our databases and ebook collections this year; we have a small amount for print books, but we're only buying on request.

We are using this year to really hone our print collection, and will probably move quite a few monographs out of the collection (into storage, onto the free book cart, etc.). We want to make our space accessible (i.e. not having the shelves so stuffed that we have to use the top and bottom levels, thus putting items out of reach for anyone who uses a wheelchair, etc.), and we want our collection to be relevant and attractive to students.

Probably TMI there; just sharing what we're going to do with lots of time and limited funds.

Cheers,
Amy