[LIBRARYDIR] Study Room usage signage and ADA accessibility

Heath Hayden heath.hayden at bellevuecollege.edu
Tue Mar 3 13:20:56 PST 2020

Revision: font on signs posted in study rooms must be 5/8" based on 6 feet (or less) space, which applies to most of our study rooms. This evens out to 60pt font size. This is still really large.

I have found other higher ed institutions with clear accessibility policies that use 18pt font and higher as the threshold. I was wondering if anyone had any specifications for signage in the library based on ADA accessibility standards. Standards being used are these: https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/2010ADAStandards/2010ADAstandards.htm#marker-1009000

Heath