[LIBRARYDIR] Proctored Online Testing Support

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Fri Mar 13 16:37:27 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone

SBCTC has been working to address the short-term need for proctored testing that's emerged in the past week. We've worked with our two most heavily used vendors in the space. The following outlines options for using Honorlock and Respondus during the next few weeks.

This is a short term solution: once things stabilize a bit, we fully intend to go open and competitive on these products and provide system level agreements for all products that meet our standards for digital equity, accessibility, security, data sharing, and interoperability with our core elearning tools.

Honorlock
SBCTC has agreed to subsidize exams for colleges using Honorlock.  We cannot subsidize every exam for every school, so we've identified current Honorlock users and colleges thought to be leaning toward adopting Honorlock and created an allocation formula based on institutional headcounts for our exams.

Two scenarios:

*         If you are already set up as an Honorlock school, you're all set. You can use our exams by working with Greg Jacobsen<mailto:gjacobsen at honorlock.com>, the Honorlock representative for our state. Greg's direct line is 858.205.2359 and you can expect to reach him over the weekend if necessary.

*         If you are not yet an Honorlock customer, please contact Greg Jacobsen and he'll give you the information to get you going. They say they can do that in 24 hours.

Steve Gance<mailto:sgance at sbctc.edu> of SBCTC Educational Technology and Open Education is currently managing the Honorlock exam allocations. If you're interested in participating, please contact both Greg Jacobsen of Honorlock and Steve Gance to find out how many exams we're able to allocate to your college.

Here's a training video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnRl8bnh69I&feature=emb_err_watch_on_yt> produced for Edmonds when they signed up with Honorlock.

Respondus
After speaking to current Respondus customers we have some level of comfort that Respondus's emergency offers are taking pretty good care of client needs during this early emergency part of things.

If you are intending to become a Respondus customer, SBCTC will reimburse your college the price of the license for Respondus's LockDown browser, which is necessary to take advantage of their Monitor proctoring service. Nick Laboda<mailto:nlaboda at respondus.com> is the Respondus representative and has stated that they can get colleges up to speed in 48 hours. Contact EduContracts at sbctc.edu<mailto:EduContracts at sbctc.edu> for your LockDown browser reimbursement.

Other Tools
If you are already using another proctoring tool on your campus, contact Steve Gance or Mark Jenkins for a conversation about what sort of help SBCTC can provide. We don't intend to leave anyone out, but we could not reasonably come to agreements with all vendors in this space in the time we had.

Unfortunately, we cannot at this time support new customers of products other than Respondus or Honorlock.  We will conduct a regular procurement in the near future and hope to offer the system several choices.

Please have your eLearning representative get in touch with Steve as soon as you can - we realize this is the 11th hour for some of you and we are committed to being as responsive as possible. We realize this doesn't provide 100% coverage for all college needs, but we hope this is a helpful bootstrap in your efforts to support proctored exams during this transition. If you have any questions about our proctored exam support strategy or any other Educational Technology Services, contact Mark Jenkins<mailto:mjenkins at sbctc.edu>

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Mark Jenkins
Director, Educational Technology & Open Education
Accessible Technology Initiatives
mjenkins at sbctc.edu<mailto:mjenkins at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4363