[LIBRARYDIR] [Urgent] Support HB 1702: Low-Cost Textbook Bill

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 5 12:34:04 PST 2020

Dear LLC,

Could you please find a way to connect with your college's student leadership group and share this information?

Dear students,

Given that tomorrow (3/6) is the cutoff day, we have only one day to act. If you are inclined to, please consider making a CALL/EMAIL to your senators and senate leaders in support of HB 1702 which allows our students to see the courses offering low-cost textbooks before/at the time of registration so that they can make more informed choices.

This bill is currently on the Senate floor calendar for a potential vote, but it may not come up for voting if they run out of time. Please urge your senators to support and bring the bill up for voting. You can also leave a comment online<https://app.leg.wa.gov/pbc/bill/1702> if you prefer. You can start with:

  *   Sen Billig, Senate Majority Leader (360) 786-7604/ Andy.Billig at leg.wa.gov<mailto:Andy.Billig at leg.wa.gov>
  *   Sen Liias (360) 786-7640/ Marko.Liias at leg.wa.gov<mailto:Marko.Liias at leg.wa.gov>
  *   Sen Kuderer (360) 786-7694/ Patty.Kuderer at leg.wa.gov<mailto:Patty.Kuderer at leg.wa.gov>
  *   Sen Randall (360) 786-7650/ Emily.Randall at leg.wa.gov<mailto:Emily.Randall at leg.wa.gov>
  *   Sen Schoelser 360.786.7620/ mark.schoesler at leg.wa.gov<mailto:mark.schoesler at leg.wa.gov>
  *   Sen McCoy (360) 786-7674/ John.McCoy at leg.wa.gov<mailto:John.McCoy at leg.wa.gov>

Or you can find the senator<https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/> of your college/home district and contact them. This is the work initiated by our students through surveys that gave us 10,000 responses! Let's bring this home.

Boyoung

[sbctc logo]Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.
Policy Associate, Educational Technology & Open Education
Openwa.org<openwa.org> | OER & Low-Cost Label<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation.aspx>
bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu> |360-628-3549
Texts Welcome!