[LIBRARYDIR] WLA statement on Anti-Racism

Kanne, Lynn Lynn.Kanne at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Jun 3 11:16:56 PDT 2020

Just received this in WLA's weekly email. Sharing in case it fell beneath the fold for you.

Lynn

 WLA Statement on Anti-Racism
The Washington Library Association decries the brutality Black communities experience from those charged to protect and serve. Libraries are providers of vital resources for historically under-served communities, and this work has never been more important than it is now. We are responsible for continuing to do this difficult, sometimes painful work that demands we address our biases and how they impact our ability to serve our communities equitably. We urge library professionals across Washington to fight for Black lives, actively oppose systemic oppression and police brutality, and prioritize anti-racism in all that we do. The WLA Board is committed to doing this anti-racist work within our association. To be silent is to be complicit.