[LIBRARYDIR] WACTCLC institutional repository - a skills and needs assessment

Watkins, Candice cwatkins at tacomacc.edu
Thu Jan 9 16:16:26 PST 2020

Hello! The WACTC Library Consortium is continuing its exploration of institutional repositories. A group of volunteers collaborated last term to create a relatively short needs and skills assessment. We'd appreciate your participation in this assessment as it will further guide us in our approach to the project.

Here is the link to the assessment: https://forms.gle/Y1PuB1buJGdz6N9v7.

As a refresher, here's a brief description of institutional repositories, as well as the project:

Institutional repositories (IR) are online platforms that store and provide access to institutional scholarship. While research institutions have prioritized faculty researwach outputs, these same platforms can also showcase student work.

Please help us better refine our needs for a WACTC Library Consortium institutional repository by providing your feedback. Data entered here will be used by the planning team and will not be published or shared outside of the consortium.

Also, please note that the consortium is considering different ways for deep collaboration across institutions to pool talents and share workload. Please participate in this survey with the understanding that collaboration and support will be built into this project.

Thank you!

The WACTCLC IR planning team
Ryer Banta, Centralia College
Greg Bem, Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Sherry Cmiel, Tacoma Community College
Samantha Hines, Peninsula College
Dan Moore, Edmonds Community College
Mark Offtermatt, Tacoma Community College
Laura Staley, Renton Technical College
Candice Watkins, Tacoma Community College