[LIBRARYDIR] KUOW (NPR Seattle affiliate) radio story from last week - Need A Laptop? Colleges Boost Loaner Programs Amid Pandemic

Lynn Deeken ldeeken at everettcc.edu
Mon Aug 17 10:17:01 PDT 2020

In the past EvCC has had a few hundred netbooks (and I don't think we had
even 50 available at that point in Winter quarter - they are always 100%
out) that were rentals ($20 a quarter).  Since we've been online it's been
a free loan.

We now have about 1000 Chromebooks, our existing 200ish netbooks (many of
which are too old) and we're looking at buying more netbooks.  Chromebooks
don't meet all needs in our experience.  I think we have about 200 hotspots.

Lynn