[LIBRARYDIR] [EXTERNAL] Re: NWCCU Standards for Libraries

Heilstedt, Sally Sally.Heilstedt at lwtech.edu
Mon Oct 28 14:42:45 PDT 2019

Thank you for sharing that perspective, Amy. I think that is something we can all advocate for, and we can participate in the writing and/or review of our reports to ensure it happens.

During our Year 7 evaluation visit last week (with the old standards), I was reminded that the library remains the only student learning service/department that is specifically called out in the new standards. While that is not as ideal as the current standards, it will be great to work together to continue maximizing the recognition of the library as the new standards are implemented.

In regard to the BAS rubric, we can take this as an opportunity to design from a place of student learning and the library's essential role in it at the BAS level. Instead of being restricted by the standards, we can revise and refine them to better fit students' learning needs. I would love to be a part of that work (but will unfortunately miss the BAS conference).

Sally

Sally Heilstedt, M.A.

Dean of Instruction - Engagement and Learning
Early Childhood Education | Assessment | Curriculum Development | eLearning | Library | Professional Development | Supplemental Instruction

She/Her Pronouns

Lake Washington Institute of Technology

425.739.8233

[4 Connections Logos]<http://bit.ly/4connections>