[LIBRARYDIR] OpenAthens vs. EZproxy

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Oct 18 12:49:34 PDT 2019

I've contacted ProQuest tech support and they have confirmed that Google Drive and OneDrive will not work when you access via EZproxy.  Apparently it has something to do with Google's and Microsoft's security policies.

This is frustrating to us because all YVC accounts go through EZproxy, both on- and off-campus.

The issue here is really just that, when a user goes to ProQuest, either with (off campus) or without (on campus) EZProxy, their session is not associated with either a One Drive or Google Drive account. (Your on campus sessions don't actually occur through EZProxy. EZProxy just checks for an on-campus IP and then gets out of the way.)

If you, in your browser, log into your One Drive or a personal Google Drive account first, and then try to save the article to the cloud through ProQuest Portal, does the Google drive or One Drive option work? I'm thinking would.

Also, does YVC have a campus subscription to Google Apps? That could explain why the Google Classroom option is offered, because you might be in a session already authenticated by Google Classroom.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
Library Consortium Services Manager
wadeg at bigbend.edu