[LIBRARYDIR] follow-up to Cheyenne's question about laptops

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Mon Oct 14 19:21:37 PDT 2019

Candice,

We don't use Deep Freeze on our student laptops.  We used to have it on our student computers in the library and it caused all sorts of problems with Windows Vista crashes.

For our student laptops, each time one is returned (they check out for 7 days) it is completely re-imaged, cleaned, and charged.  Re-imaging wipes out anything that may have happened while it was checked out.  The turn-around time is longer than if we simply cleaned out old files, but I am more confident with re-imaging.  Hope this helps.

Tammy

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director - Library & Media Services
Yakima Valley College