[LIBRARYDIR] Unpaywall - a new potential source for open access scholarly articles.

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Oct 22 15:39:44 PDT 2019

Unpaywall is new to me, so may be new to others as well:

https://unpaywall.org/

It's basically an open, searchable collection of citations and links to the associated open access articles ( > 20,000,000 articles, according to the web site).

Unlike the notorious scihub, unpaywall only deals in open access content.

It crossed my radar today because Ex Libris is actually introducing an optional integration with Unpaywall as a content source in an upcoming version of Alma (Nov 2019).

Likewise, the service is integrated as a source into a some other discovery services:

https://unpaywall.org/integrations

So, unpaywall appears to have some traction, and worth being aware of.

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC
Library Consortium Services Manager
http://www.wactclc.org<http://www.wactclc.org/>