[LIBRARYDIR] ACRL Webinar (ProQuest / AlexanderPress sponsored) - Video Access Models—Opportunities and Risks - Oct 17

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Oct 9 13:34:48 PDT 2019

Grain of salt, given the presentation is vendor sponsored. But based on the various concerns I’ve heard about the cost of streaming media content in various meetings, this webinar may be of interest to some.

Out-of-control spending on video demand-driven programs has prompted much discussion of late and changes in acquisition practices. The buying model is hugely successful, popular and cost-effective for ebooks, so why has it become such a gamble when acquiring video?

Tune in for our webinar where David Parker, Senior Product Manager at ProQuest, explores the history of steaming video acquisition models for libraries, and offers some examples of rapidly changing cost-per-use scenarios and the impact on budget. David will describe how marketing practices, including the use of social media, influence campus video usage patterns and thus budgets. Join us for answers to these questions and more.

Register at:

http://www.choice360.org/librarianship/webinars/video-access-models

Wade Guidry
WACTCLC