[LIBRARYDIR] CLAWS Conference Idea

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Wed May 8 15:26:11 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Mindy, we are working with WLA and do want to have a preconference or integration with the regular conference, and that isn't until Fall 2020. As has been expressed over the last year and a half, CTC library workers have been itching for a PD event for themselves since the last CLAMS conference (which was organized by only two people, by the way) and it's the current CLAWS leadership's desire to have something by way of PD before Fall 2020. If we want WLA support in our organization and logistics for the event, requests need to be made a year in advance. That's a wild idea to me but it's the reality.

So:

*         Focus on Spring event

*         Focus on integration in WLA Fall 2020

And to Stephen's point, digital/remote and asynchronous opportunities would be great to develop too, once we get the CLAWS participants rallied. We're still trying to see about getting folks to become WLA members, which is (and is going to be for a while) a growing pain.

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Professor and Library Coordinator
Pronouns: he/him/his