[LIBRARYDIR] CLAWS Conference Idea

Watkins, Candice cwatkins at tacomacc.edu
Wed May 8 09:33:54 PDT 2019

I'd like to voice my support for a CLAW conference or unconference. It could always be a pre-conference workshop at either WLA or ACRL-OR/WA. Or, it could be stand-alone, if need be. Whatever form it takes, there is a great need for not just professional development for faculty librarians in this state but in particular more personable collegiality. I'm sure that zoom can be worked into the format, as well, but I do think the in-person touch is needed.

As for advocating for zoom meetings (while we're on the topic), I'd love to see LLC move to two zoom meetings a year as opposed to one.

My two cents!

Candice