[LIBRARYDIR] WACTCLC staff question

Roduin, Cheyenne croduin at rtc.edu
Tue May 7 12:26:54 PDT 2019

All,
At an Access360 convening meeting yesterday, we were discussing the work involved in testing technologies for accessibility compliance (VPATS, WCAG 2.0, etc.) and that trusted testers are really well suited for this work. It got me thinking about our libraries and how we all use many of the same programs/databases that require a thorough testing and then a "stamp of approval" for accessibility that we can all stand behind. Then, this got me thinking back to a conversation we had maybe a year or two ago in LLC/WACTCLC about the idea of shared specialty staffing that we could all use or benefit from.

I know we are all currently seeing savings from the consortium not filling Shellie's vacant position and savings are great. But would WACTCLC members be interested discussing the idea of temporarily hiring a "Trusted Tester" for library resources so that we could all know which of our resources meet required benchmarks for accessibility?

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Cheyenne M. Roduin
Library Director

[cid:image001.png at 01D13320.87630A80]

[cid:image013.png at 01D13320.87630A80]

3000 NE 4th St. Renton, WA 98056
Phone: 425-235-2352, ext. 5571
Email: croduin at RTC.edu<mailto:croduin at RTC.edu>
www.RTC.edu<http://www.rtc.edu/>

[cid:image009.png at 01D13320.87630A80]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege> [cid:image012.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01D44452.CB89CDC0] <https://www.linkedin.com/school/288416/>  [cid:image011.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://twitter.com/rentontech>