[LIBRARYDIR] Imagine Academy terminating?

Aden, Cindy cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov
Sun Sep 23 11:29:58 PDT 2018

All, Elizabeth and I have been working very hard with Microsoft on their plans-only announced to us in late summer and without any consultation on our part as to messaging and timing. We are crafting a response for all of you, based on what we know right now. We are pushing on a way to continue a learning platform and certification option despite the changes to their Imagine Academy learning platform while they, Microsoft, build something they believe will be more effective and comprehensive in offering employability focused training. We hope to have an announcement Monday or Tuesday.

We regret that Microsoft jumped the gun and made its announcement without giving us any time to find a solution.

More soon; thank you for your patience,

Cindy

Cindy Altick Aden (she/her) | Washington State Librarian
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-704-5276 | c: 360-819-7236 | e: cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov<mailto:cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov>

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>     [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>     [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>
~~ Connecting Washington through the power of libraries ~~