[LIBRARYDIR] How do you select Magazines

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Mon Oct 29 12:37:40 PDT 2018

Every year when we get the invoice notification for renewals, I send a note out to faculty in the relevant programs and ask them: do you need this?

We are also finding very minimal use of the magazines, so it's rarely an emotional decision to cut a subscription. Faculty have been more often than not (in the past two years) of the mind to say "We don't need this anymore." I imagine they are dealing with so much digital content (online magazines, blogs, etc.) that there is relatively high quality, free content out there that represents what used be fulfilled by the magazines.

As far as the more "general interest" titles, I think we're almost completely done with those. We might still get People, because it's so inexpensive.

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator
Pronouns: he/him/his

Contact Info