[LIBRARYDIR] Films on Demand

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue May 15 12:47:20 PDT 2018

As noted by Candice, and as discussed at the last two LLC meetings, WACTCLC has formed a Shared Electronic Resources Working Group.

(You may recall the conversation requesting volunteers for a working group, along with the discussions about an initial survey, which most institutions completed.)

The working group includes myself, Andrew Hersh-Tudor, Aryana Bates and Candice Watkins.

The initial working group effort has included developing and reviewing the results of the aforementioned survey.

In the survey results, Films on Demand was mentioned several times a collection under current consideration by individual institutions.

At the June LLC meeting, the Shared Electronic Resources working group will present its findings and recommendations on next steps toward the pursuit of shared contract resources by WACTCLC.

Meanwhile, I am not aware that Films on Demand is currently available through any existing shared contract programs (such as the Orbis Cascade Alliance program) to which CTC institutions have access. And that seems to be the consensus opinion, based on the responses so far to Tim's question.