[LIBRARYDIR] Digital OER Lab at Clover Park Technical College

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Wed May 9 10:45:33 PDT 2018

A fantastic news! Clover Park Technical College's Digital Entertainment Design & Production Program has just opened a student-led Open Educational Resources (OER) Digital Production Lab. Please join us in congratulating our faculty members, Christopher Felch & Shawn Geary on this great new resource!

This new lab will develop and help develop:

*        2D and 3D graphics and animations,

*        audio and video, shooting and editing ,

*        presentations,

*        small interactive presentations (a single object that can be manipulated live),

*        photoshop work,

And they will be all Creative Commons licensed. Christopher further explained that

"The OER lab is a chance for our advanced students to exercise their skills in the development of digital materials to create assets for OER. These students have had courses in things like 2D art and graphics created in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, the creation of 3D art and 3D animation, shooting and editing video with additional graphics, animation, and special effects. This opportunity is for our students to work as industry professionals creating assets for teachers through the OER partnerships. Right now we are looking for instructors or other school departments that need assets created we are accepting project proposals for the teams to pick up."

For more information, please contact Christopher Felch (Christopher.felch at cptc.edu<mailto:Christopher.felch at cptc.edu>) or Shawn Geary (shawn.geary at cptc.edu<mailto:shawn.geary at cptc.edu>). Thank you again for the vision of CPTC folks!

Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.
Policy Associate, eLearning & Open Education
bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu>
OpenWa<http://openwa.org/>|Open Attribution Builder<http://www.openwa.org/open-attrib-builder/>
OpenEd Support and Services<https://goo.gl/MZL9W9>