[LIBRARYDIR] EX LIBRIS LEGANTO DEMO

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at lwtech.edu
Thu Jul 26 18:05:18 PDT 2018

Glad to see so many perspectives that I align with. I wasn't sure if this was the best time to express our full opinions on Leganto, but since it's happened, I agree that the capacity and transition issues mentioned by others are things I immediately thought of. Most of our professors and other educators at LWTech do quite well with hyperlinking out in Canvas directly to their materials regardless of their original source (and the permalink feature in Primo has been helpful). It's also only been a short while since Canvas was made mandatory in all classes here, and obviously Primo's still quite new, so I'd imagine maybe 1 or 2 individuals would find some use out of Leganto and everyone else not.

The advantage of data collection could be beneficial. Thinking about how much data wrangling I'm already doing when I have a spare second of time and cringe thinking about looking at Leganto data on top of everything else.

Greg

Greg Bem, MLIS
Faculty Library Coordinator
Pronouns: he/him/his