[LIBRARYDIR] Year 2 of the Research in the Libraries LSTA project: Notes from meeting reviewing the budget and program

Goodwin, MaryAnn MaryAnn.Goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu
Thu Jul 12 17:48:54 PDT 2018

Following are my notes from the meeting held today to consider revisions to our Year 2 budget plan for the Research in the Library (AiA) LSTA grant.  We discussed the budget as well ideas related to the fall research symposium and Year 2 mini-grant program.

If you have any suggestions you would like to see integrated into the budget, please share them by July 27 so I can forward the revised budget to Jeff the following week.

Thank you,

Mary Ann

LSTA Budget, Year 2 Proposal

Jeff Martin indicated the LLC LSTA project has been allocated $50,000 for Year 2 activities

·         Grant Support: Overhead for Peninsula @ 13%                                   6,500

·         Grant Support:  Faculty Coordinator (F/W/Sp)                                     3,000

·         Mini-Grant Program (8ish grants at ~$4,000 each?)                         34,250

·         Fall Research Symposium                                                                               6,250

§  Reimburse travel expenses (no hotels)                                                  3,000

§  Food estimate (B / L / Coffee)                                                                    2,000

§  Speaker stipend?                                                                                             1,000

§  Other expenses?                                                                                                 250

Additional Questions & Answers about Year 2 Based on Zoom Call, 7.11.2018

·         Should we devote the majority of LSTA funding to mini-grants?

YES

·         What are the plans for the fall 2018 Research Symposium?

Lynn Kanne is chairing the Research Symposium planning team and has been collecting program ideas.

o   What is the proposed date for the Symposium?

November 2, 2018

o   Schedule at a CTC location = no fee for venue?

YES-Lynn's team is looking at options near SeaTac Airport

o   Schedule Symposium in June 2019 for both Year 1 & 2 mini-grantees?

NO-want to use the Fall event to stimulate / encourage participation in Year 2 of the project

o   Schedule two research symposiums as originally proposed in the Year 2 budget?

TBD.  May want to find a way to encourage mini-grant recipients to submit proposals to present at regional / national conferences in lieu of a second CTC Research Symposium

·         What is the proposed timing for issuing a call for Year 2 mini-grant proposals?

Begin soliciting mini-grant proposals the last week of September 2018, with the deadline just after the Fall Symposium.  Researchers would have winter and spring quarter to collect and analyze data.  Vivienne and Mindy are reviewing the Mini-grant application to update for Year 2.

·         Will funding be available to support the continuation of Year 1 projects?

TBD.

Mary Ann Lund Goodwin, Ed. D.
Executive Director | CCS Libraries
Community Colleges of Spokane | 509-533-3820
maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:maryann.goodwin at ccs.spokane.edu>

[CCS_color]