[LIBRARYDIR] Research brief: Affordable Cost for Course Materials

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Mon Feb 5 16:39:26 PST 2018

Great news!

As you may know, in late 2017 WACTCSA<https://www.facebook.com/WACTCSA/> and SBCTC<sbctc.edu> conducted a survey on the affordability of course materials with our state community & technical college students.

Led by the Student Association, with assistance from many system councils and commissions, this was a true system-wide collaboration. We are happy to report that we collected over 10,000 responses from our students.

We have finished the initial analysis of data and are ready to share a summary of preliminary findings:

*        Research brief<https://tinyurl.com/wa-students2>

*        Slide presentation<https://tinyurl.com/wa-students3>

*        Interactive dashboard<https://tinyurl.com/wa-students-dash>

Want to know more?  We are offering a webinar on Feb 21. To register, visit CCCOER Spring Webinar Series<https://www.cccoer.org/2018/01/23/cccoer-spring-2018-webinars/>. A full report will be released in March 2018.

Thank you again for your incredible support and partnership. We did it!

Boyoung

Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.
Policy Associate, eLearning & Open Education
bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu>
OpenWa<http://openwa.org/>|Open Attribution Builder<http://www.openwa.org/open-attrib-builder/>
OpenEd Support and Services<https://goo.gl/MZL9W9>