[LIBRARYDIR] State Library internship

Martin, Jeff jeff.martin at sos.wa.gov
Tue Nov 21 14:29:32 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the WA State Library will be seeking another 6-month appointment on our Library Development team. Given that there is an annual IMLS project report deadline at the end of December, the posting may not be up until early next year. The position will focus on training coordination, but depending upon the background of the candidate, we will try to leverage our intern's expertise and make sure the intern gets a well rounded State Library experience.

If you haven't seen Mary Campbell's article in Alki<http://www.wla.org/assets/Alki/Alki_November_2017_Final.pdf> about serving as an intern, please check it out. Her article starts on page 20.

If you want to know about the experience of working temporarily for the Washington State Library, please contact Mary as listed in the e-mail which follows.

Unfortunately, the State Library cannot pay for relocation, commuting or temporary housing, so the position has its challenges. The position is for at least 6 months and will include state salary and benefits.

More details soon.

Thank you!

Cindy

Cindy Altick Aden, Washington State Librarian
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington
w: 360-704-5276 | c: 360-819-7236 | e: cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov<mailto:cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov>

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>     [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>     [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>

If you, or any of your staff members, would like to know more about what I have been doing and how the six-month appointment has worked out for me, please contact me at mary.campbell at sos.wa.gov<mailto:mary.campbell at sos.wa.gov> through December 14, or at mcampbell at sno-isle.org<mailto:mcampbell at sno-isle.org> after that.

Best to all,

Mary Campbell Library Consultant / Training Coordinator
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington 98501
360-570-5571 | mary.campbell at sos.wa.gov<mailto:mary.campbell at sos.wa.gov>

[cid:image001.png at 01D26734.645220F0]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>   [cid:image002.png at 01D26734.645220F0] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>    [cid:image003.png at 01D26734.645220F0] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [cid:image004.png at 01D26734.645220F0] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [cid:image005.png at 01D26734.645220F0] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>