[LIBRARYDIR] Hotel for LLC Spring Meeting (Reserve before April 5th)

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:36:05 PDT 2017

We'll miss you, Cindy, but we need you to be in Washington DC to fight for the IMLS.

Mindy

Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.
On Mar 20, 2017 9:08 PM, "Aden, Cindy" <cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov> wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

I am so sorry I will not be able to join you all! I will be getting ready to fly to DC for National Library Legislative Day.  The State Library is facing losing half of its funding if the IMLS is truly eliminated. We still don’t know what is going to happen on April 28, so stay tuned. Hopefully the 2017 budget will be continued without any attempts to cut it.

There are Legislative and Congressional fact sheets on the State Library website, should you find yourselves talking about how the State Library impacts the state and what that federal money is doing.

Have a great meeting, and I hope to be there next time.

Best,

Cindy

Cindy Altick Aden, Washington State Librarian

Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State

6880 Capitol Blvd SE, Tumwater, Washington

w: 360-704-5276 | c: 360-819-7236 | e: cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov<mailto:cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov>

[wsl-logo]<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library>     [WTBBL] <http://www.wtbbl.org/>     [wsl colored social icons_Facebook - Round] <https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonStateLibrary/>    [wsl colored social icons_Twitter - Round] <https://twitter.com/WAStateLib>    [wsl colored social icons_YouTube - Round] <https://www.youtube.com/user/WAStateLibrary>

Cindy