[LIBRARYDIR] Library Legislative Day?

Aden, Cindy cindy.aden at sos.wa.gov
Wed Mar 15 12:41:57 PDT 2017

Hi, Sam!

Great that you will be there. The issue that WLA is focusing on is the request for a new state library/archives building. There will be a briefing packet on this issue and information about other bills that are making their way through the process now. It appears that there is no need for library concerns over some key bills, as they stand today, i.e. 1728 Exploitation of Minors and 1594 & 1595 concerning public records requests. Amendments could change things, but as a result of the lack of urgency, the library community is coming to the support of the state library to see if we can request 22M in capital funding for a much-needed facility.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Cindy