[LIBRARYDIR] Library Catalog - Signs and email

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Thu Jun 29 14:06:49 PDT 2017

Hello all,

Thank you for the examples of emails sent to campus about the changes to the Library Catalog.   Our email is copied below.   Now, do any of you have signs you can share?

Thanks,
Erica

---------------------------------

OC Libraries are migrating to a new integrated library computer system which will go live Thursday, July 13.   Our current version of the "Primo" search interface will also be upgraded.

How will this impact you?

*         There will be significant delays in processing Course Reserves after June 19.   Please send your requests early and be patient as we work diligently make these available (or consider using Canvas to post your electronic course reserve documents).

*         The current "Library Catalog" will be completely replaced by the new "Primo" search interface.  Therefore, all book/video/course reserves searches, renewals, and holds will be done via "Primo" beginning July 13.

*         If you have saved any "Searches" or "Lists" in the current Library Catalog, export/email them to yourself by July 7th.  They will not be retained after that time.

*         No hold requests or renewals will be available July 10-12.

*         URL links to records in the current Library Catalog and/or Primo interfaces will change.  This means that links you have saved that start with EITHER http://olympic.library.ctc.edu/vwebv OR https://wactc-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com will be BROKEN.

*         Some links in library research guides may be broken - we will be working feverishly to fix those ASAP.

What can you expect?

*         Lots of librarian support for faculty and students - we will do our best to smooth out any transitional bumps!

*         We welcome all your questions and concerns at any time - please email Amy Herman (aherman at olympic.edu).

*         And no, all your favorite databases like ProQuest and EBSCO Academic Search Premier are NOT going away - they will continue to be available the entire time!

We appreciate your patience as we make this important migration.