[LIBRARYDIR] LLC eLearining interest group

Bates, Aryana Aryana.Bates at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Jul 27 14:42:12 PDT 2017

Hello again,

Seven of us are available on Friday, so I'll go ahead and run the inaugural eLearning Interest group zoom meeting:

Time: Jul 28, 2017 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/610814101

Here's the agenda to date:

  1.  Stacy Prest/Walla Walla wants to know --
*eLearning director job descriptions
*eLearning Departments structure, including job titles and number of staff in the department, etc.

  2.  Vivienne McClendon/Bellevue suggests, as per Mark Jenkins’ observation --
*eLearning at the SBCTC needs a good definition of its mission and function and/or to reconsider what it is, given the new expansion of its role(s) and changing technologies and use
*explore what services our current eLearning offices/personnel provide and areas where we are expanding or have been asked
*consider how to capture this information to expand

  3.  Logistics

*regularity of meetings and communication

*next meeting?

*should there be a separate listserv for the group rather than the entire LLC

  1.  Other agenda items?

  2.  Action items for follow up/by who?

see you tomorrow,

Aryana