[LIBRARYDIR] Library Leadership Council Winter Meeting Friday, February 3

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:24:24 PST 2017

Good afternoon!

The Library Leadership Council's winter 2017 meeting is this Friday, February 3, starting at 8:30 a.m.

The agenda is now posted on our wiki:  https://libraryleadershipcouncil.wikispaces.com/Winter+2017+Agenda

The Blackboard Collaborate link for our meeting is:  https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2008170&password=M.9B1BF59F3437B1CC737AB2DB2C67BC

Please review the agenda in advance and let me know if I need to make adjustments.  We'll do the best we can to stay on time.

I have three requests for you to consider:

1.       We will be moving forward with the next steps of forming our consortium.  I've asked Andrew to form a nominating committee to put forward names to serve on the Washington Community and Technical College Library Consortium (WACTCLC) Executive Committee. Please email Andrew Hersh-Tudor (AHersh-tudor at wvc.edu) if you would be willing to serve on the nominating committee.  The bylaws for WACTCLC are below:

Section I.  Officers/Executive Committee
WACTCLC shall have the following officers:  Board Chairperson, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, Past-Chairperson, Secretary, Member-at-Large, and Treasurer/Personnel Manager.  These officers shall comprise the Executive Committee.

Section II.  Election/Appointment/Removal
                A.  The Board Chairperson, Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, Secretary, and Member-at-Large shall be elected by a majority vote of the Board.

                B.  The Nominating Committee shall be headed by the Past-Chairperson and will include at least two (2) additional Board members elected to serve on the committee by the Board.  The committee shall present its slate of candidates to the Board at least thirty (30) days prior to the election which must take place on or before the last meeting of the fiscal year.

C.  If a vacancy occurs during a term, a replacement shall be appointed by the Executive Committee to serve out the unexpired term.

D.  Any elected officer may be removed from office by a majority vote of the Board.

2.       Please start brainstorming projects for the WACTCLC post Alma implementation.  The new officers will need some direction for the new consortium.

3.       Instead of an around- the-table "what's new on my campus," we have set up a Google doc.  Please enter your updates on the document.  We will review it at the end of our meeting on Friday and we can ask each other for more information or discuss items of interest.  Here is the link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6uSEfrLk0W0dnBWY2prTzh0ZzA/view

All the links in this email can also be found in the agenda on the wikispaces site:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6uSEfrLk0W0dnBWY2prTzh0ZzA/view

Thank you!

Mindy

Dr. Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.