[LIBRARYDIR] Need feedback for SBCTC on state library support

McBurney, Melissa MMcBurney at columbiabasin.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:30:05 PDT 2017

AskWA, Microsoft Imagine Academy and ProQuest through the statewide database project.

On Apr 7, 2017 9:17 AM, Mindy Coslor <Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Mark Jenkins at the state board asked me for examples of support our CTC libraries have received from the state library.  I gave him these examples, but would appreciate hearing from all of you:

·         Librarians as Open Educational Leaders Grants 1 and 2

·         Information Literacy in Washington Community and Technical Colleges Grant

·         Pre-college Information Literacy Research (PILR) Grant

·         Professional Development individual grants

Here are some other grants that Skagit has gotten:

·         Hard Times Grant (partnership with local public libraries)

·         Virtual Reference Grant (partnership with Gray’s Harbor CC)

·         Health Literacy Grant (partnership with local hospital library)

In addition, the state library has worked closely with us over the years by attending LLC meetings and inviting our input into their 5-year plans.

Please send me any examples you think should be included that demonstrate how the CTC libraries have benefitted from the State Library’s support.  Please respond by Friday, April 14.

Thank you,

Mindy

Dr. Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.

Director of Library Services