[LIBRARYDIR] Guest speaker - Active Learning and Brain Based Learning - Free Event at Bellevue College Library - April 12th

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Apr 7 09:26:11 PDT 2017

Deans,

I would like to welcome you or other persons at your institution to join us for our Faculty Open House in our new Collaboratory in the BC Library.

If you or others from your campus would like to join us, please let Teri Hull know so she can provide a parking pass for the day. If you or others are planning an active learning space on your campus, these presentations may help understand ways to stimulate the kinds of activity you hoped would happen in that space. Lastly, we are having a faculty development centers best practices session at 3:30.

Hoping to see you,

Vivienne

Collaboratory Faculty Open House

Mark your calendars! Faculty Open House in the Collaboratory space on April 12th.

Join the Bellevue College Library and Faculty Commons for a Faculty Open House in the Collaboratory on April 12th! Our guest speaker will be Dr. Todd Zakrajsek, Executive Director of Faculty Development at the School of Medicine at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. Todd will assist in two teaching demonstrations as well as give a short presentation on “Teaching for Brain-Based Learning.” Todd has been a visiting professor and delivered keynote addresses at over 200 campuses and Scholarship of Teaching and Learning conferences.

See Todd’s Tedx presentation at: http://tiny.cc/ToddZakrajsek

Schedule for April 12th

10:00 – 11:15 a.m. Presentation: Why teach for brain-based learning?

11:30 a.m. -12:20 p.m. Active Learning Facilitation

1:30 – 2:20 p.m. Active Learning Round Table (D106)

2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Active Learning Facilitation

Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS
Dean, Library & eLearning, D260H
Bellevue College  |  425.564.3056  |
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu<file:///emailto/%20vivienne.mcclendon@bellevuecollege.edu>
*We’re on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/BellevueCollegeLibrary

[cid:E809F704-608A-4DD9-9AD3-0DA590E90D9C]