[LIBRARYDIR] question about networked printing

McBurney, Melissa MMcBurney at columbiabasin.edu
Tue Oct 11 09:52:25 PDT 2016

At Columbia Basin we use Netprint<https://www.columbiabasin.edu/index.aspx?page=614>. Students login to the computers on campus using their student id and PIN. Netprint is automatically connected to their account and they see a box on the screen that shows how much money they have. They get $12/quarter. The prints come out with a cover page that has part of their ID number so they know which print job is theirs.

They can also login to the Netprint system through the wireless network and send print jobs that way. The library has two black & white printers and one color printer and there are six others around campus. Plus printers on our Richland campus.

If they run out of funds they can purchase cards in the library in $3.00 increments. The cards have a code that they then redeem through the Netprint system. This money rolls over from quarter to quarter but if they don’t use the original $12 they “lose” it.