[LIBRARYDIR] unaffiliated patron access to technology

Jeanne Leader jleader at everettcc.edu
Sun Nov 13 10:36:50 PST 2016

Chris and all,
Here's what we do at EvCC:

   1. How does your library manage computer use by unaffiliated patrons?
   Use is limited to searching the catalog. All other stations require a login
   and password to the campus LAN.
   2. Roughly what percentage of computers on-site are open for
   unaffiliated use?  Less than 1%
   3. Do you offer guest access to wi-fi?  Yes
   4. Understanding that Shoreline has purchased some resources via
   consortium conditions and has some duty to provide unaffiliated access to
   keep the discount, does guest wi-fi count toward that standard?  No idea!

Jeanne

Jeanne Leader
EvCC Dean of Arts & Learning Resources
425.388.9502       2000 Tower   Everett WA 98201

At EvCC, we're always reading something interesting.
Check it out by clicking here <http://www.everettcc.edu/evccreads>.