[LIBRARYDIR] Library sessions for In-service days?

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Thu Jun 16 13:56:22 PDT 2016

Sometimes we teach a workshop during the in-service session.  Our big push, however, is an open house.  In the past, we have hosted it mid-afternoon.  In recent years, many faculty are either busy or have left for the day so we've seen dwindling numbers attend.  My folks knock themselves out cooking and setting up a tremendous spread of sweets and savories.

With fewer library staff this next year we are rethinking this plan.  There was a recent article about the open house and I have attached it to this email.  After reading this article, we are trying to articulate our goals and strategies for connecting with faculty in the fall.  We've decided to host a mid-morning break instead to get more people in.  We are going to target new faculty members.  I hope this helps!

Mindy

Mindy Coslor, Ph.D.
Director of Library Services
Skagit Valley College