[LIBRARYDIR] ex libris announcement re: SBCTC

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Apr 22 10:13:30 PDT 2016

Here¹s the text:
Press ReleasesChicago, IL‹ July 9, 2015

The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges to
Implement Ex Libris Alma and Primo

23 of Washington¹s community and technical colleges select Ex Libris
solutions for resource management and discovery

Chicago, IL‹ July 9, 2015. Ex Libris Group®, a leading global provider of
SaaS solutions for libraries and higher education, is pleased to announce
that the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
(SBCTC) has selected the Ex Libris Alma® resource management solution, and
the Ex Libris Primo® discovery and delivery solution. Alma will replace a
number of systems currently in use in each of their member libraries,
including Innovative Millennium, SirsiDynix Symphony, Spydus, and Ex
Libris Voyager®.
Libraries at Washington's community and technical colleges sought a
technology solution to help students through college and give them skills
for their careers and personal enrichment. Their goals are to:
€ Create a combined catalog of community and technical college library
resources.
€ Provide timely delivery of resources to students.
€ Provide student-initiated interlibrary borrowing.
€ Provide simplified searching to all library resources.
The technology provided through Ex Libris meets these and the SBCTC goal
of promoting student achievement and success. Ex Libris Alma will also
help college libraries by providing insightful usage analytics and
optimizing collection usage and value.
³By consolidating a majority of library operations, the colleges can
simplify and streamline workflows across our system,² said Marty Brown,
SBCTC executive director. ³Students benefit from one-stop search
capabilities, researchers will enjoy sophisticated discovery tools, and
library staff gain efficiencies to manage limited resources."
Eric Hines, president of Ex Libris North America, remarked: ³It is
exciting to see the Washington community and technical college system
adopt Alma and Primo. At Ex Libris, we strongly believe that both Alma and
Primo provide unique opportunities to a wide spectrum of institutions, and
our continuing partnership with the Washington State Board for Community
and Technical Colleges proves that Ex Libris can offer such a scalable and
interoperable technology. Alma truly unlocks the potential of each member
library while simultaneously strengthening the whole network of community
and technical colleges.²
About Washington Community College System
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges is led by a
Governor-appointed board and provides leadership, advocacy, and
coordination for Washington¹s system of 34 public community and technical
colleges. Each year, about 388,000 students train for the workforce,
prepare to transfer to a university, gain basic math and English skills,
or pursue continuing education. Visit our website at SBCTC.edu.
About Ex Libris
Ex Libris is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher
education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the
full spectrum of library materials, as well as mobile campus solutions for
driving student engagement and success, the Company serves over 5,600
customers in 90 countries. Ex Libris solutions have been deployed at 43 of
the top 50 universities worldwide and more than 40 national libraries.
With the Ex Libris Primo® discovery and delivery solution and Alma®
resource management service, libraries lower operational costs, increase
efficiency, and add value to their institution through diverse new
services and collaboration with other libraries and organizations. The Ex
Libris campusM mobile platform enables universities to deliver a unified
digital experience, promoting student engagement while providing mobile
access to campus-wide information and services.

For more information about Ex Libris Group, see our website
<http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/>, and join us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ex-Libris-Group/139588499407697>, YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/ExLibrisLtd>, LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ex-libris>, and Twitter
<http://twitter.com/ExLibrisGroup>.
- See more at:
http://www.exlibrisgroup.com/default.asp?catid=%7B916AFF5B-CA4A-48FD-AD54-9
AD2ADADEB88%7D&details_type=1&itemid=%7BD203FCCF-BFF9-4DD3-BC07-8EF70555A15
D%7D#sthash.gApo0255.dpuf

‹
Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS
Dean, Library Media Center, D260H