[LIBRARYDIR] [!!Mass Mail]Re: wondering about a Better World (Books)...

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Mar 6 04:13:17 PST 2015

My staff agree with the AG ruling mentioned.  They are under the impression we can dispose of books in any way we choose.  They are searching for correspondence regarding this ruling. Seems that periodically campuses have a change in leadership and new administration may need to be reminded of our ability to classify old books as "waste".

On our campus, weeded books are sent on campus to be shredded and recycled for the most part.  However we have a history of offering BWB a small selection of the more desirable titles.

When I have more details I will share.
Vivienne

V. J. McClendon, Ph.D.
Dean, Library Media Center
Bellevue College
Bellevue, WA
425-564-3056
Please pardon any errors - this message is sent via iPhone