[LIBRARYDIR] Alma Contract Q & A

Sue Kennedy skennedy at centralia.edu
Tue Mar 3 12:07:26 PST 2015

Great questions, and discussion.

I do want to emphasize something about the draft contract resolution we will vote on by Friday:  The vote is about affirming the contract on a SYSTEM level as a statewide opt-in contract - the vote to affirm is NOT a confirmation of an individual institution's role in this project.

LLC is not authorized to approve the contract, but the state board (and WACTC, IC, and BAC through their explicit endorsement) our giving us (the content experts) the opportunity to affirm its viability on a SYSTEM level.

Basically - this is a system discussion, not an institution discussion. Ultimately, of course, the details will matter. The table included in the contract itself was to meet a technical requirement. How we move forward in implementation (who's in, how costs/funds are allocated, who goes when) are not part of the discussion on whether the contract meets our system needs.

See you all tomorrow online at 4 p.m. - if you have questions, before then, do please keep the dialog coming.

Best,
Sue

- - -
Sue Kennedy