[LIBRARYDIR] Streaming licenses versus DVD purchases

Roduin, Cheyenne Cheyenne.Roduin at lwtech.edu
Wed Aug 19 08:22:22 PDT 2015

We still purchase DVD/Blu-Ray that faculty could show in their face-to-face courses and we also have worked out a way to offer Netflix for streaming in the classroom. But we really don't have options for streaming programing through Canvas. Our student government will sometimes have movie nights on campus but they pay for the public performance licenses on those specific movies through Swank.
Occasionally we will purchase a DVD where we pay the higher, educational cost for a public viewing license and when we do this type of acquisition we send out an email to the departments or faculty who would be most likely to want to show/view it.

Cheyenne M. Roduin - MLIS
Faculty Librarian/Library Program Coordinator
cheyenne.roduin at lwtech.edu<mailto:cheyenne.roduin at lwtech.edu>

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
11605 132nd Ave NE
Kirkland, WA. 98034
425-739-8100 xt.8657
http://lwtechlearningcommons.com<http://lwtechlearningcommons.com/>

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx