[LIBRARYDIR] RE: Libraries as Open Leaders LSTA grant

Mindy Coslor Mindy.Coslor at skagit.edu
Thu Sep 11 11:15:50 PDT 2014

Thanks, Sharon.  That's good news.

Mindy Coslor
Director of Library Services
Skagit Valley College
mcoslor at skagit.edu

From: librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu [mailto:librarydir-bounces at lists.ctc.edu] On Behalf Of Winters, Sharon
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:30 AM
To: an open discussion list for WA CTC Library Directors (librarydir at lists.ctc.edu)
Subject: [LIBRARYDIR] Libraries as Open Leaders LSTA grant

Libraries as Open Education Leaders (LOEL)
We got the money - $110,000 for year one!
In September, the leadership team for LOEL started planning next steps in a multi-year journey that will help librarians statewide develop our skills in open education planning, development, adoption, and advocacy. The LOEL LSTA grant project, with funding provided by the WA Office of the Secretary of State and IMLS, kicks off on November 7th with a workshop on open education advocacy and planning, at Tacoma Community College.  It'll offer us a chance to talk all things open, while taking the first steps in completing the annual grant activities. More details, and an agenda, will be available in late September.
The grant also invites twenty WA-CTC libraries to apply for mini-grants to develop open education advocacy and promotion plans.  The grant will also fund ten subject faculty-librarian partnerships to adopt open courses next spring.  We will also spend this year designing a professional development course for librarian open education advocates.
This message has also gone out to the CLAMS list... but please watch the LLC and CLAMS lists for more information about the LOEL grant. We're looking forward to your involvement.
For more information about LOEL please contact Quill West, qwest at tacomacc.edu<mailto:qwest at tacomacc.edu> or Sharon Winters, swinters at tacomacc.edu<mailto:swinters at tacomacc.edu>

Sharon Winters
Library Director
Building 7, Library<http://www.tacomacc.edu/library>, Tacoma Community College