[LIBRARYDIR] Microforms Reader/Printer

Kram, LAURI lkram at edcc.edu
Fri Nov 7 08:15:08 PST 2014

At Edmonds, we got rid of our reader/printers quite a few years ago as well
as our fiche collection. There was no backlash, I don't think anyone really
even noticed. The only unanticipated request we had was from our campus
administration who we had forgotten had occasionally relied on the
library's fiche reader to view some back files of college records in
storage. This happened so infrequently that none of us had thought of that
need. I think the college was able to find an alternative way to access
those records.

Lauri Kram
Director, Learning Resources
Edmonds Community College