[LIBRARYDIR] FW: Students needed for student panel

Connie Broughton CBroughton at sbctc.edu
Wed Jan 15 11:53:55 PST 2014

From: Shelley Bannish [mailto:sbannish at centralia.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:03 AM
To: 'mssdc at lists.ctc.edu'; Council of Unions and Student Programs (cusp at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:cusp at lists.ctc.edu>); Student Services Commission (WSSSC) (deanstu at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:deanstu at lists.ctc.edu>); elaine.O'Brien at seattlecolleges.edu; Steve Downing (steve.downing at bellevuecollege.edu<mailto:steve.downing at bellevuecollege.edu>); tmcdermott at olympic.edu<mailto:tmcdermott at olympic.edu>; lpeters at shoreline.edu<mailto:lpeters at shoreline.edu>; Michael Hoel; Krista Francis; jill.wakefield at seattlecolleges.edu<mailto:jill.wakefield at seattlecolleges.edu>
Subject: RE: Students needed for student panel

Hello
I just wanted you all to know that the student panel will be on May 1 at 10:30 am.  There is a $150 stipend for the students that are selected and they must be a current student.  If you have any more questions let me know.  Also have your students turn their essay into the VP of student services. The VP will send me the selected apps for final review and selection for the panel.  Thanks
Shelley

(Please share with your listservs)

The Washington State Student Service Commission (WSSSC) is looking for inspirational stories regarding the impact of community college education on students current or future success.  If you know a student on your campus that has a story to tell please encourage them to apply to be a student speaker at the WSSSC state conference on April 30-May 2, 2014. Please have students complete the attached application and return it to the Vice President/Dean of Students on your campus.   Vice Presidents/Deans of Students, please return all applications to me by Feb. 14, 2014.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Shelley

Shelley K. Bannish, M.A.
Director of Student Life and
Involvement Center
Centralia College
600 Centralia College Blvd.
Centralia, WA  98531
360-736-9391 ext. 224
FAX: 360-330-7503

Deliberative  Restorative  Relator  Learner  Command