[LIBRARYDIR] RE: Reciprocal Borrowing

Winters, Sharon swinters at tacomacc.edu
Fri Apr 11 11:54:11 PDT 2014

I’ll raise a couple of issues:
* we have some challenges with getting PT and FT faculty to return materials; with students, we can block records;
    we need to build in assurance that libraries would have the capability to retrieve materials for each other
* I sense that demand for print & AV is low, both for students & faculty; the real demand is for reciprocal borrowing
   of e-resources, which is still done via ILL and carries some constraints based on licensing agreements – it’d be great
   if we put some energy into consortia purchasing of e-resources which would help us think about making these materials
   more accessible across the colleges; it’ll likely be easier to manage this when we’ve all moved to CTCLink

Sharon Winters
Library Director
Building 7, Library<http://www.tacomacc.edu/library>, Tacoma Community College
6501 S. 19th Street, Tacoma, WA  98466