[LIBRARYDIR] RE: Microsoft IT Academy

Simmons, Rand rand.simmons at sos.wa.gov
Mon Jul 15 15:31:07 PDT 2013

We met with Microsoft staff this morning. Taylor Kao said that she will be meeting with Mike Scroggins to discuss the implementation of the IT Academy on the CTC campuses. She said about half of the CTCs already have Microsoft IT Academy. These are typically administered through IT courses for credit.

I just ask that everyone hold on tight while Taylor works with the IT folks. Jeff Johnson, formerly of Bellevue College, was also at the meeting and understands how the IT Academy works on the academic campuses.

Hopefully they will work quickly toward an easy implementation. In the meantime, Jeff Martin and I are working with Taylor and Jeff Johnson and are available to you. However, we won't know much until we have a planning meeting on July 25 and 26.

If things get really rough, Jeff Martin and I will be living in a cave without communication availability.

Rand

Rand Simmons, Washington State Librarian
Office of the Secretary of State
360.570.5585
rand.simmons at sos.wa.gov