[LIBRARYDIR] Book-less library

Jeanne Leader jleader at everettcc.edu
Mon Jan 21 15:31:57 PST 2013

Connie,
Thanks for sharing this with us - I think we all stay up (some nights
anyway) thinking about how we need to be responding differently to the
digital needs of our users.  IMHO, it's increasingly easier to think about
how the book collection could go digital and extremely challenging to
approach how libraries might provide devices for the many users who don't
have them (or have an incompatible device). This seems like a drop in the
bucket in terms of the number of ereaders.  I'm sure what is provided will
be heavily used.  No easy answers or simple transitions.

Jeanne

--
Jeanne Leader
EvCC Dean of Arts & Learning Resources