[LIBRARYDIR] RE: IT Academy Passes Threshold to Move Forward Again

Horton, Stan shorton at ghc.edu
Mon Aug 26 12:45:52 PDT 2013

I imagine you've heard this before now already, but I'd like to make sure:

I'm glad this project is aware of public school's starting dates and is working within those limitations.  But please remember your college partners.  Most of us begin late September,  and our faculty librarians have already left and will be gone until the week before that starting date in most cases.  At GHC that pre-class week was long-ago spoken for as far as training opportunities go.  So basically, this train left the station months ago as far as getting things in place for a full Fall Quarter roll-out goes.

I'm concerned that there will be a big press announcement/celebration that leaves us looking foolish and behind the curve at best, non-cooperative at worst.  Are there any thoughts being given to the handling of this issue?

Stanley W. Horton
Associate Dean, Library, e-Learning, and Media Services
shorton at ghc.edu<mailto:shorton at ghc.edu>
360 538-4050
The John Spellman Library
1620 Edward P. Smith Drive