[Lcta] Next LTCA Meeting and Board Elections

Tarker, Daniel Daniel.Tarker at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Feb 11 11:25:24 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all those who were able to attend our last Learning and Tutoring Center Association (LTCA) meeting at Lake Washington Institute of Technology. Kudos to Jeff Troy for hosting us, arranging a great breakfast spread, and organizing an enlightening training session on the 4 Cs.

This email is also to inform you that our spring meeting will be on Friday May 8th from 9 am - 3 pm at Shoreline Community College. Thank you to Cheryl Allendoerfer for agreeing to host. To help us organize our next meeting, please RSVP using this form page<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKnYVs5VFivhy8i1JIaRIfwuzEK8rlf0QOo62bdf3_peSChw/viewform?usp=sf_link>. There is also a space for you to provide suggestions or requests about how we organize the day for you.

At our last meeting, we approved the LTCA bylaws (attached and uploaded to our Canvas shell), so we need to now hold elections for officers. We are looking for a:

  *   President/Chair
  *   Vice-President/Chair Elect
  *   Secretary
  *   Treasurer
  *   Technology Manager (Not an elected position, but we will be seeking nominees)
The SBCTC Instructional Commission will be discussing adding the LTCA to their line of reporting this week, so hopefully working on integrating into the state higher education reporting lines will be a major focus of the first board.

If you are interested in serving on an ad hoc workgroup to run the election of the founding board, please let us know via the RSVP form above. I think it would be great to complete the voting by our spring meeting so the board can meet there and begin planning how they will work together in the coming year. In the meantime, think about if you are willing to serve on the board and what role you would be interested in pursuing.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Tarker, MFA, Ed.D. (He, him, his)
Director  of the Student Learning Center
North Seattle College
9600 College Way North
Seattle, WA 98103
206.934.4754