[GuidedPathways] Guided Pathways: Lessons Learned Webinar Recording and Resources

Monica Wilson mwilson at sbctc.edu
Fri May 10 16:07:47 PDT 2024

On May 7th, the Student Success Center hosted the webinar, Guided Pathways: Lessons Learned.

This one-hour webinar focused on enhancing Guided Pathways initiatives and exploring their impact on student outcomes. This session includes insights from speakers Dr. Davis Jenkins, Senior Research Scholar at the Community College Research Center, and Dr. Hana Lahr, Senior Research Associate and Director of Applied Learning at the same institution. They spoke to key findings from their recent paper, "Lessons From Two Major Evaluations of Guided Pathways<https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/lessons-two-major-evaluations-guided-pathways.html>," shedding light on effective implementation strategies.

Additionally, we were offered perspectives from President Matthew Campbell of Pierce College and Chancellor Rosie Rimando-Chareunsap of the Seattle College District. As early pioneers in adopting the Guided Pathways framework, they shared firsthand experiences and insights, offering valuable lessons learned and practical advice.

The recording for this webinar is available here<youtube.com/watch?v=CxbzJ4WpHmw&t=8s>, the slide deck is attached, and associated resources are listed below.

  *   Adoption of Guided Pathways in Washington, Ohio, and Tennessee<https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/whole-college-guided-pathways-reform.html>
  *   Evaluation of Guided Pathways in Three States<https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/guided-pathways-practices-early-academic-success-three-states.html>
  *   Findings from the AACC Pathways Project Evaluation<https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/guided-pathways-aacc-colleges.html>
  *   Advice from College Leaders on Adopting Guided Pathways<https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/engaging-college-community-guided-pathways.html>
  *   Brief Summarizing Findings from Two Guided Pathways Evaluations. <https://ccrc.tc.columbia.edu/publications/lessons-two-major-evaluations-guided-pathways.html>

A PDF of this message is attached as an alternative in consideration of formatting and links.

Best,

Monica
[Compass]Monica Wilson (she|her|hers)<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>
Director, Student Success Center & Strategic Initiatives
p|360-704-1022 | e: mwilson at sbctc.edu<mailto:mwilson at sbctc.edu> | website: www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>
Schedule a Meeting<https://calendly.com/mwilson-wassc>