[GuidedPathways] ATTEND TODAY, March 14th! Guided Pathways Community of Practice: Gateway/Gatekeeper Conversation

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Tue Mar 14 08:46:30 PDT 2023

Dear Community and Technical College Family,

Glorious Tuesday to all of you. I know what you are thinking, "I really should attend the Community of Practice on Gateway/Gatekeeper conversation today, March 14th, with Brigid Nulty and Dr. Dutch Henry, from Shoreline Community College." You know.... you are right, and there is still time to register. Please find the registration information below. See you soon.

Community of Practice Dates: Today, March 14, 2023
Location: Zoom (Virtual)
Registered participants will receive Zoom information and a calendar hold after registering.
Bitly Link to the agenda: http://bit.ly/3EGaZJh
  Long Link for the agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyhBjjUkonTpX3gBzPkzo6m1TwtGldIQTOsaqIk3Moo/edit?usp=sharing

   Registration Link for March 14: Guided Pathways Community of Practice Registration<https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=g6ykcprf7mps5t5jugsz132kudxc1x7evvke48cgzdphfe0agz63> (https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=g6ykcprf7mps5t5jugsz132kudxc1x7evvke48cgzdphfe0agz63)

   SBCTC Lead: Claudine Richardson (crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu>)

   Speakers: Brigid Nulty (Director of Guided Pathways) and Dr. Dutch Henry (English Faculty and Higher Ed English lead for Bridge to College) Shoreline Community College. Open to all interested in learning and/or sharing.

   Introduction:
*       Welcome to the Community of Practice for Guided Pathways.
*       A community of practice is a cohesive informal community that embodies a "culture of learning in which everyone is involved in a collective effort of understanding" (Rogers, 2000). In this space, shared responsibility for moving through the process of learning is communal among all members: the group is convened through shared participation, and each member uses their knowledge, skills, and abilities to contribute with and among each other.
*       The Community of Practice for Guided Pathways<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/student-success-center/default.aspx> is intended to provide support, by college clusters, to Guided Pathways team members using the Constellations as an equity framework. We will convene for 1 to 1.5 hours each day (March 7th or March 14th). Breakout room sessions will be by college cluster (if feasible).

   Purpose:
*       The purpose is to create a space (requested by colleges) to share how they are developing an essential practice of priority area for Guided Pathways that is directly related to loosely similar college characteristics.

   Closed Captioning:
*       SBCTC is committed to providing equal access for individuals with disabilities to its programs and events in accordance with the ADA and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
*       Live transcription will be available in main Zoom sessions.
*       Please let us know if you require closed captioning by contacting amontenegro at sbctc.edu<mailto:amontenegro at sbctc.edu>, so we might provide the best possible opportunity to support collective and individual learning.

Schedule: CoP for Guided Pathways - Gatekeeper/Gateway Courses
      Welcome to the 2nd CoP for Guided Pathways meeting. The schedule has been modified, as requested by participants, to support more engagement. We look forward to seeing you on March 7th or 14th because we are very excited about the work supported by Brigid Nulty and Dr. Dutch Henry at Shoreline Community College. Trust me, it's an opportunity you don't want to miss.

           - Link to college clusters chart:  https://bit.ly/3CWMJzv

      Time                    Agenda Topic
      1:00-1:05 PM     Welcome and Opening
      1:05-1:25 PM     Facilitation
      1:25-1:35 PM     Group Questions and Answers
      1:35-1:50 PM     Small Group Discussions
      1:50-2:00 PM     Share Out from Small Group Discussions
2:00-2:15 PM     Closing and Check-in Opportunity

The value of your personal time is priceless, and please feel obliged not to reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

2023 Spring Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, April 12th: https://bit.ly/23SGPSSINEP.

2023 Winter Guided Pathways Cohort 1 and 2 Retreat on January 26th and 27th: https://bit.ly/23WGPC12R.

2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9th: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI.

2022 Student Success Colloquium Agenda "An Ethic of Care: Beyond Empowerment for Our Students, Faculty, and Staff": https://bit.ly/3LF3y5x.

The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."