[GuidedPathways] Come Register! Student Success Center Webinar on Meta Majors on 1/9

Ashley Montenegro Ramirez amontenegro at sbctc.edu
Tue Jan 3 10:41:32 PST 2023

Happy New Year!

Don't forget to register:  https://education-first.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZckc-uhpjIoGtbWrI66zh7CPceXBQjmlC-w  <%20https:/education-first.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZckc-uhpjIoGtbWrI66zh7CPceXBQjmlC-w%20%20> and come join us next Monday, January 9th at 12pm PT for our webinar on "Designing the Path: How Meta Majors Support Student Success".

Our featured speaker - Dr. Beth Bownes-Johnson, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Applied Technologies will discuss how Wallace State Community College created meta majors to simplify the process of selecting a major and accelerate student completion as part of their Guided Pathways implementation.

Dr. Beth Bownes-Johnson has served as an adjunct and full-time instructor, department chairperson, Academic dean, and is presently the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Applied Technologies at Wallace State Community College.  She served as co-chair of the Achieving the Dream initiative and as lead facilitator for AACC's Pathway Design.  Her BA, Ed.S. and Ed. D. were earned from the University of Alabama.

Updated Format

For those who are used to our previous 90-minute format, please note that our future webinars will take place for 60 minutes. Those who have already registered for any 2023 webinars will see an updated calendar invite from our team.
If you have any questions, please reach out to studentsuccess at education-first.com            <mailto:studentsuccess at education-first.com>

Best,
The SBCTC Student Success Center Team